So that is the plan for our first Mexican vacation, during next January and February.
Why did I write this rather unusual “pre-travel-blog”?
Several reasons …
- This blog of ours, as well as making our photos available to friends and relations, also acts as one of several ways that we can “look back” on our travels, acting very much like the holiday photo albums of sixty years ago. I am now reasonably confident that these web-pages will stay around for at least as long as I will …
- My past blog-entries have rarely, if ever, included direct links to the internet-page I used to make the bookings for the various places we have stayed. Provided that these links continue to function in future years, this now gives us (or you) a very easy way to find out if a place that we liked is available on some future date.
- One problem with writing a vacation blog is that it does take a bit of time and effort. When I am on vacation, I enjoy spending a few minutes in the morning posting the best photos from the previous day and writing a few accompanying words. But more extensive blog-posts like the ones I have been writing in the past month take more time and effort … and it is much easier to create them when I am sitting at my desk at home with a big screen as well as my MacBook.
I have given each blog-post a Category (and a Tag), naming the town or village described in the blog-post. I will do the same for all future blog-posts. This will, I think, make it easy to find all blog-posts (both old and new) for a given place.
So … Goodbye for now. When we get to Puerto Vallarta, I will let you all know. If you are reading this before Christmas, Jana & I hope you have a happy and healthy Christmas season.
I will leave you with another photo of the Puerto Vallarta Botanical Gardens.
- The pelican is from Diane Hammond’s Flikr Album.
- The Botanical Gardens are from The Traveling Gardener.
This blog is “hosted” on WordPress, which is one of the most widely used blogging sites. It works well for me. To the best of my knowledge, it is 100% free. It does take a bit of experimentation to figure out the best way to write a blog. I have now been using WordPress for two years and am still learning. (This blog by no means makes full use of the tools provided by WordPress.) If any of you feel like trying your hand at writing a blog and need someone to answer questions and make suggestions, feel free to ask me.